February 24, 2017
Enjoy the mild sweetness of the milk and rich nutty flavor from almonds.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 gelatin sheet (5 g)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1. In a pot, warm the milk (making sure not to let it come to a boil)
2. Add gelatin sheet to the warmed milk and stir in to dissolve
3. Stir in the applesauce and sliced almonds.
4. Mix thoroughly, then place in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Information / Amount per serving:
Serving Size: 1/2 cup Yield: 4 servings
Protein 7.4 g
Total fat 9.7 g
Total Carbohydrates 10.1 g
Saturated fat 2.7 g
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
Cholesterol 12 mg s
Sodium 57 m
For delicious recipes, nutrition tips, and to find cooking and nutrition classes, go to the Kendall Reagan Nutrition Center website. More great info also available at the College of Health and Human Sciences Pinterest board.
Contact: Kendall Reagan Nutrition Center
Telephone: (970) 491-8615